Student Application Instructions
The Partners of the Americas High School Exchange Program has a great opportunity to offer you! This program is an excellent opportunity for you to use and improve your Spanish language skills while experiencing the culture of Costa Rica first-hand. We are pleased that you are applying to be a traveler for our program. It is important to our organization that travelers are appropriately selected and adequately prepared for the travel experience. Please read through the information carefully.
This is a reciprocal exchange program; travelers will be asked to commit to hosting a Costa Rican Student for 4 weeks during December or January before or after traveling to Costa Rica. If you are unable to host, you may find a “surrogate” family to host on your behalf.
Attend an ONLINE INFORMATION SESSION to learn more and ask questions
- Monday, February 19th at 7 pm
- Link to ZOOM meeting: bit.ly/ORCRmeeting
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 854 7293 3051
- Meeting passcode: ORCR
The Student Travel Application, Parent Questionnaire, Confidential References, and Transcript must be submitted electronically. Please follow the directions below for the remaining student application requirements. Please email the southbound coordinators at [email protected] if alternate accommodations need to be made or you have questions about the application process
The Student Travel Application, Parent Questionnaire, and Confidential Reference are all Google Forms. It is best to complete the information in one sitting. The Student Application and Parent Questionnaire forms will take around 30 minutes to complete. The application also asks the traveler to upload a recent photo of themselves.
- Student Travel Application – Electronic main application/demographic information to be completed by the applicant. You can preview the essay questions at this link to prepare for completing the form. Quick link to student application bit.ly/2024ORCRtravel
- Parent Questionnaire – Electronic questionnaire to be answered by one or both of your parents/guardians. Quick link to parent questionnaire bit.ly/ORCRparent
- Confidential References – The three references must include: (1) Spanish teacher (2) Another teacher or counselor (3) Family friend or another adult who knows you well (who is not immediate family). Please provide this link to your references. Please provide this electronic link to your references: bit.ly/ORCRstudentreference
- Unofficial high school transcript email to [email protected].
- $30 non-refundable processing fee – check should be made out to Partners of the Americas. Please send your application fee to: Partners of the Americas, c/o Dan Green, 123 Barclay Ave, Oregon City, OR 97405.
Please do not include any other documents with the application fee, all application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to send something other than the application fee via mail, please contact, [email protected] for the address.