Benefits for Schools Hosting Partners of the Americas Costa Rican High School Students
- Oregon/Washington students have an opportunity to enjoy a firsthand look at the culture of Costa Rica.
- Having a native Spanish speaker in language classes provides a speech model for Oregon/Washington language students.
- International organizations and clubs benefit from interaction with Costa Rican exchange students.
- Developing friendships with Costa Rican students can inspire Oregon/Washington language students to travel and study abroad.
- History, social studies, and government classes can gain new perspectives about Latin America by exchanging ideas with Costa Rican students.
- Oregon/Washington students will gain an appreciation for what they have by hosting.
- Host families become more involved in school activities through the hosting experience.
- Hosting a Costa Rican exchange student brings increased sensitivity to cultural differences between the United States and Latin America.
- Costa Rican students can contribute special talents to school activities.
Host Program Coordinators:
Lauren Morrow: 503-348-1058
Jane Rubio: 541-659-5515