Welcome to PARTNERS of the AMERICAS
Oregon Costa Rica – High School Exchange Program
Partners Offers a (Southbound) Travel and a (Northbound) Host Program!
Partners of the Americas was formed in 1964 by President John F. Kennedy and paired American states with Latin American countries. Oregon and Costa Rica are partners with several components, the longest-lasting being the high school exchange which has been in existence since the late 1960s. For more information:learn more about the Southbound travel program, or learn how you can host a Northbound student.
HOST A TICO OR TICA FOR 4 WEEKS DECEMBER- FEBRUARY!
Northbound Partners Host Families:
(Dec. 08, 2018 - Jan. 05, 2019) or (Jan. 06, 2019 - Feb. 02, 2019)
- want a cultural experience
- don’t need to speak Spanish
- have a high school student in the family
- can provide room and board
LIVE IN COSTA RICA FOR 8 WEEKS: JUNE- AUGUST!
Southbound Partners Student Travelers:
(Tentative Travel Dates: June 16, 2018 to August 12, 2018)
- have at least 2 years of high school Spanish
- have completed their sophomore year of high school
- are adaptable/ flexible/ outgoing
- want a family living experience in another culture while attending school (no studies required)