Welcome to PARTNERS of the AMERICAS
Oregon Costa Rica – High School Exchange Program
Partners Offers a (Southbound) Travel and a (Northbound) Host Program!
Partners of the Americas was formed in 1964 by President John F. Kennedy and paired American states with Latin American countries. Oregon and Costa Rica are partners with several components, the longest-lasting being the high school exchange which has been in existence since the late 1960s. Learn more about the Southbound travel program, or learn how you can host a Northbound student. Also check out our Facebook!
HOST A TICO OR TICA FOR 4 WEEKS DECEMBER- FEBRUARY!
Northbound Partners Host Families:
(Dec. 07, 2019 - Jan. 04, 2020) or (Jan. 05, 2020 - Feb. 02, 2020)
- want a cultural experience
- don’t need to speak Spanish
- have a high school student in the family
- can provide room and board
LIVE IN COSTA RICA FOR 4 or 8 WEEKS: JUNE- JULY/AUGUST!
Southbound Partners Student Travelers:
(Tentative Travel Dates: June 15, 2019 to August 11, 2019)
- have at least 2 years of high school Spanish
- have completed their sophomore year of high school
- are adaptable/ flexible/ outgoing
- want a family living experience in another culture while attending school (no studies required)