Welcome to PARTNERS of the AMERICAS
Oregon Costa Rica – High School Exchange Program
Partners Offers a (Southbound) Travel and a (Northbound) Host Program!
Partners of the Americas was formed in 1964 by President John F. Kennedy and paired American states with Latin American countries. Oregon and Costa Rica are partners with several components, the longest-lasting being the high school exchange which has been in existence since the late 1960s. Learn more about the Southbound travel program, or learn how you can host a Northbound student. Also check out our Facebook!
HOST A TICO OR TICA FOR 6 WEEKS DECEMBER- JANUARY!
Northbound Partners Host Families:
- want a cultural experience
- don’t need to speak Spanish
- have a high school student in the family
- can provide room and board
LIVE IN COSTA RICA FOR 8 WEEKS over the Summer! (June 16 – August 11*)
Southbound Partners Student Travelers:
- have at least 2 years of high school Spanish
- have completed their sophomore year of high school
- are adaptable/ flexible/ outgoing
- want a family living experience in another culture while attending school (no studies required)
- Fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19
*We do offer a 4-week option for those who have other extracurricular activities in the summer. Questions? Reach out to [email protected]